System call tell how many files open in a process

System call tell how many files open in a process

Post by Piano M » Sun, 27 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,

 I am using Sun OS 4.1.3.  Is there a system call that tell me
how many file handles and/or file descriptors that my process
is currently opened.  Many thanks.  Please e-mail in addition
to posting.  Many thanks.

Sang.

1. How can a process tell if another process has a file open?

Is there a way to tell if another process has a file open? I'm running two
processes which open the same file (call them process A and process B).
Process A creates the file, writes to it, and closes it. Process B is
monitoring the directory where process A will be creating files. When it
detects a file, it will open it, read and process it, close it, and remove
the file.

My problem is that I have no control over process A. This process is
developed by another organization here at NCR. I can only control
process B. Is there any way that process B can detect if process A (or
any other process) has the file open?

2. What causes accept() error 104 ECONNRESET?

3. Is there a unix system call to find out how many files a process has opened?

4. HELP: HD Multi-Mode

5. How to use open system call in a new system call

6. fdisk ~/somefile.ext

7. How do I tell what process has a file open?

8. The truth about MSN's online registration

9. How to tell which process(es) have a given file/inode open under SVr4?

10. Tell if another process open a file

11. How to tell if their are open file handles when exiting a process?

12. How to tell if a file is open by another process?

13. How can you tell if a streams file is opened by another process?