Wanted: Scheduler software wanted

Post by David Howar » Sun, 05 Feb 1995 10:30:24

> >Is there scheduler software for DOS so I can run an unattended backup or
> >other BAT file at night?  The Unix system at least has cron crontab to run
> >unattended programs, is there anything like it for DOS or for Novell
> >Netware 3.12?  Commercial or shareware products included.
> >I just want something with the basic necessities to run a DOS
> >BAT file at night, not all the bells an whistles.
> >Thanks,

> For some time now I was searching for the same solution: A "cron" like
> nlm. But nothing found.
> I am now using Cron programs running on a workstation (Windows) which
> is kept running over night.  This station is in our secured computerroom
> for obvious security reasons.

Our Colorado tape backup system includes a scheduler that will launch a
backup batch file it creates - this batch file can be modified or
exchanged with your own batch.  But Colorado will over write your file
(recreates it's own file) every time you set up the scheduler.
good luck!
-Dave Howard

1. Wanted: Scheduler software wanted

Is there scheduler software for DOS so I can run an unattended backup or
other BAT file at night?  The Unix system at least has cron crontab to run
unattended programs, is there anything like it for DOS or for Novell
Netware 3.12?  Commercial or shareware products included.
I just want something with the basic necessities to run a DOS
BAT file at night, not all the bells an whistles.
Thanks,
   _____ _______

|       |    ___|
|_______|___|       "What goes around, comes around."

2. CGI Configuration and the FORBIDDEN Error (403)

3. PACKET SCHEDULER WANTED!!!

4. Does gcc provide support for matherr() in libm.a?

5. Wanted: Scheduler app for Linux (Redhat'n'KDE)

6. Tcp Wrapper advice? (I dont want reverse DNS)

7. Batch scheduler wanted

8. Soundcard with software setup

9. WANTED: group scheduler/calendar/notifier program

10. faster backups, or "everybody wants to go to heaven, nobody wants to die"

11. HELP WANTED: Open Source Consultant Programmer wanted for quick project

12. Wanted: Sendmail version 8+ wanted for SCO 3.2v4.2

13. WANTED: Beta test candidates wanted for backup product