Request for info on forms/paper management on UNIX systems.

Request for info on forms/paper management on UNIX systems.

Post by sha.. » Mon, 02 Apr 1990 19:01:00

Hi

At this site we print on various different forms. If we had same
number of printers as the number of forms then there would be no
problem (but this is not very feasible).

At present, the person wanting to change the form has to send a
message to all users that (s)he is going to change the paper. You
could envisage what problems we have.

Does some in net land have programs that do some form of forms
management.

We run Ultrix-32 V1.2 on VAX 11/750. (Is Ultrix-32 V2.0 out yet ?!).

I would appreciate replies by mail and post/mail the summary if nned
be.

 ------------
 -----  -----        Institute for Survey Research
     |  |            Temple University
     |  |            1601 N.Broad St,                    (215) 787 7197/3445
     |  |            Philadelphia PA 19122
     ----
 UUCP : { ihnp4,cbosgd,seismo}!{bpa,cbmvax}!temvax!shashi

1. System Management Tools Info Request

I am looking for a product that can automate the management of our
networked HP 9000/UX platforms.  The product should be able to monitor
resources for all the platforms including but not limited to CPU
performance, DASD performance, Security, Database performance (Sybase,
Oracle), User Administration, Alarms, Job scheduling, etc., etc.

I would like your suggestions and recommendations.  Any first hand info
on the following products will be greatly appreciated:

        CA Unicenter
        HP Operations Center
        BMC Patrol
        Compuware ECOtools
        Legent XPE, Prevail/XP

Thank you,
Sashi Menon (713) 877-6777

2. ? Decreasing ypbind timeout ?

3. Request for info on unix-based office system, accounting etc.

4. Slow Linux problem solved..sort of

5. UNIX SIG, Tues. Apr. 8: UNIX System Management

6. Web interface to allow users to change their password

7. System management tools for unix systems?

8. setting up linux on a laptop

9. PITS: A Request Management System

10. uucp requests from a unix system to a fido system runnning fredmail

11. Information requested on Unix management tools

12. Info on ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT systems

13. Looking for info systems management