vi/vedit: backspace and delete not behaving from X-server PC when in

vi/vedit: backspace and delete not behaving from X-server PC when in

Post by Nigel D. Priestl » Sun, 01 Oct 1995 04:00:00

A quick summary of the problem:

UNIX Box : SGI Indy running IRIX 4.0.5f
PC       : IBM PC running Reflections-X server, from Windows 95.

Case 1: When using terminal directly linked to the Indy the backspace and delete keys
work as expected on the console and when using vi or vedit.

Case 2: When using PC as X-windows server for Indy, backspace and delete work as
expected when using the console but give unexpected results when using vi or vedit.
Mapping the delete as backspace doesn't help. <cntrl>backspace or <cntrl>delete don't
work either.

This means that, at the moment, I can only edit files while sat in front of the Indy
but not from any remote site.

Please EMail with any inspiration. I'll collate the answers and post a summary when
the problem's solved.

Thanks!

Nigel