WANTED to talk with other Internet Service Providers...

WANTED to talk with other Internet Service Providers...

Post by Majo » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello:

   Does anyone know how I can get on the ISP mailing list (Internet
Service Providers mailing list). Please send me an E-Mail at

Sincerely,

Matthew J. Hesser

MAJON's   ELECTRONIC   *MALL

       WWW:   http://www.veryComputer.com/

NEW & EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS, AMAZING BOOKS
+ 900 # DIRECTORY ... and   WWW  DEVELOPMENT....
        PLUS......     The  INSTANT    WWW!!!

 --- ONLINE  Creation of World Wide Web Sites ---
   Affordable, Interactive & Updateable Anytime!!!

Copyright 1995    MAJON INTERNATIONAL
P.O. Box  6059,  Los  Osos,  CA  98503
Phone (805) 528-2100    FAX (805) 528-2800

1. Connecting to the Internet via Internet service provider (How?)

I want to be able to connect to my internet service provider via modem
with Linux.  I currently use Netscape 1.1 when in DOS.  I know that I
need a graphical web browser like Netscape (I have Xfree86 up and
running ) but what else is needed.  I've heard of 'dip' but don't
really know what it is or why I might need it.  I have e-mailed tech
support at my internet service provider for help but haven't gotten a
response back yet and I am very anxious to get on the web via
Linux....any help would be greatly appreciated.

What about DOSEMU?  What would be the disadvantage to just use my
current Netscape 1.1 (windows) with DOSEMU (if it works)?

Thank you in advance.

2. Can't see Linux NFS servers from Windows 95

3. Getting Linux to collect my Mail via internet service provider

4. NOT JUST ANOTHER LINUX + 386BSD CD-ROM

5. WWW: Linux Internet Service Provider Mailing List

6. Newbie help on Linux

7. Open Server Enterprise 5.0 - Connecting to an Internet Service Provider

8. Combinet Everyware 1000 series and Linux?

9. Internet Service Provider accounting

10. Setting up a internet Server/service provider

11. Why do internet service providers like BSD ?

12. starting Internet Service Provider

13. dial to an internet service provider