ftp bug - trunc trailing spaces.

Post by MADEIN » Sat, 20 May 1995 04:00:00

I have the following problem:-

When dumbly receiving a file on an HP workstation running HP_UX from an
as400 via ftp, all trailing space characters up to the newline are blown
away.

Contact with IBM's "great" support yielded the reply that ftp was designed
to do this, is this true?  Because if I try HP-UX to HP-UX ftp transfer on
the same file the records are not truncated.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and how did you get round it?

Is there a better forum for me to post this question to?

Thanks for your time,
Oliver.

1. FTP record with trailing spaces

Have to tell you before I start, I am new in Unix Solaris.

Having a problem while ftp a dataset from Host (IBM) to Solaris.

We are using Solaris 8.

I want to keep the trailing spaces of each record in the dataset. After I
ftp the dataset from Host to Solaris (type ASCII), found out those trailing
spaces were truncated.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

2. Auto Update Of System Clock

3. Solaris cannot access files with trailing spaces

4. nameserver

5. tcsh completion and trailing space

6. XFS Oopses with 2.4.5 and 2.4.14?

7. To remove trailing spaces

8. Modem / getty problem ?

9. trim trailing spaces

10. autofs removing trailing space in path names?

11. Trim trailing white spaces from fields

12. Unblocking a file while keeping trailing spaces (redux)

13. trailing space