dbx users guide

Post by Tom Jon » Fri, 17 Sep 1993 01:34:31

Does anyone know of a users or reference guide for dbx?  I'd
like something more than what the man pages provide.

1. dbx: Can dbx read core files from different machines?

dbx barfs with:

core file header read successfully
dbx: core file read error: address 0xef7fbf78 not available
dbx: panic: Proc::get_rtld_stuff(): could not initialize rtld_db

when trying to load a core file from another machine.

Surely, DBX can read cores generated on a different arch/memory
config!

And yes, I have patched dbx with the latest.

Any ideas, pointers?

Steve

2. overcommit_memory speeds up???

3. How to create DBX and non-DBX libraries?

4. samba not listing shares, help?

5. SC3.0.1 - how to call user-defined C++ operators in dbx?

6. desktop system noisy under linux but not windows

7. Does dbx need a better user interface?

8. 8 SCSI CD's

9. Linux Setup Guide and System administration guide.

10. Expert Guide: A Text Mode Norton Guide Reader For Linux

11. need UNIX or DOS style guides for C - ideally a portable guide

12. Expert Guide - Norton Guide Reader For Linux

13. The floppy user guide