I'm staying connected now !!!

Post by Questions Dud » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:29:03

Hello,

    I think PuTTY did it.  I set that Keep Alive function in the
connection tab and the telent session stays logged on.  I think it
wasn't a UNIX issue but the university firewall issue.  Since I was on a
LAN after my work was done I left the connection open just to see how
long it would last.  I forgot about it, woke up and opened a new session
and it has this little script to tell me who of my friends are on and I
also put my name on it etc.   I saw me logged on twice so I did finger
'userid' and with a Idle time of 9 hours 14 minutes or something I went
to go check the other connection and it was still alive.  SWEEEEET!
Thanks to all those who helped and to tell you the truth I learned a lot
about Unix this way.  For your future reference too, its PuTTY that
solved it.

QD