Line chars in curses

Post by Eric D Crah » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

If I want to draw a box using curses and the line character that are
ASCII 201, etc (double and single box drawing chars) how would you do it?
I tried using box(stdwin, 0, 0). that is supposed to automatically use
curses ASC_VLINE, ASC_HLINE, etc. When the box was drown it was made of
q's, x's and other letters in the corners. Why? You should be able to use
these extended characters shouldn't you?

                                        Eric

http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~crahen              I got other plans.....

Line chars in curses

Post by Eric D Crah » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Also, When I draw a box using
wborder(stdscr,'|','|','-','-','+','+','+','+')
The bottom right hand corner is not displayed. Why?

                                Eric

http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~crahen              I got other plans.....

Line chars in curses

Post by Emery Lapins » Thu, 14 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>If I want to draw a box using curses and the line character that are
>ASCII 201, etc (double and single box drawing chars) how would you do it?
>I tried using box(stdwin, 0, 0). that is supposed to automatically use
>curses ASC_VLINE, ASC_HLINE, etc. When the box was drown it was made of
>q's, x's and other letters in the corners. Why? You should be able to use
>these extended characters shouldn't you?

I think this is a terminal emulation issue.  What emulation (or terminal
type) are you using?  Some of those characters won't get transmitted
correctly because the terminal might only be using 7bits instead of 8bits
and those graphics characters use that 8th bit.  A simple answer might
be to use ANSI insead, if you are currently using VT100.

As a side question, what happenes to the corners of your windows?

-Emery
--

when you pry it from my cold dead finger(1)." | This work is Copyright 1995
Emery Lapinski and is freely redistributable by anyone and anything with the

1. SED / Line / (Need to get data from searched line from specific char to char)

Hello !

I need to search line from text file which contains specific text in start
of it.
Then I need to get text from specific place in a line. Like craracters from
10 to 20.

File looks like this:
A             5308,99
B             -2342,23
*** Total -34505,40
* D           2344,30

I need to get that Total number.

So the guestion is what utility should I use and how to do it ?

I'm using SED 2.05 in NT. I also don't find newer SED for NT.

So I need to do it in NT !

I know this is UNIX group, but NT-users don't know these kind of things....

Thanks !
Tomi Koivisto
Finland

2. X11R6, and Stelth 32

3. reversing lines char by char, but not the line order in a file

4. Awk script

5. fprintf() over-writes line for line (rather than char for char)?

6. MegaBit Gear TE/4 ADSL router + RedHat 7.0

7. char *strcasestr(char *haystack, char *needle) a simple case independent strstr()

8. Systems Manager -- U Maryland, College Park

9. curses curses curses

10. N/Curses - deleting chars

11. curses and wide chars

12. C== Curses and Special Chars, HELP! ==

13. Q: Curses leaves garbage chars.