wget: wget *keyword*.html?

Post by oak » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Anyone know how I can invoke wget
to get all urls in, say, a home directory and all
subdirectories only, with a particular key word in
the file name?

Something like:

wget http://somewhere.com/~joe/*football*.html

where I'm looking for web pages with the word "football"
somewhere in them (i.e., somewhere in the web page FILE NAME).
In this instance I'd like to have retrieved pages such as
scores-football.html home_football.html footballquotes.html etc..

Thanks.

-Tony

 Abbreviate - af 2 millenia, a btr wy t rd n wri.
         http://www.eskimo.com/~oak/abr/

1. wget: wget *keyword*.html?

Anyone know how I can invoke wget
to get all urls in, say, a home directory and all
subdirectories only, with a particular key word in
the file name?

Something like:

wget http://somewhere.com/~joe/*football*.html

where I'm looking for web pages with the word "football"
somewhere in them (i.e., somewhere in the web page FILE NAME).
In this instance I'd like to have retrieved pages such as
scores-football.html home_football.html footballquotes.html etc..

Thanks.

-Tony

 Abbreviate - af 2 millenia, a btr wy t rd n wri.
         http://www.eskimo.com/~oak/abr/

2. Sound VIBRA16 problem with CDs

3. wget: "no such file" --info for wget users!

4. KOffice and Qt

5. wget to do a Linux From Scratch install?

6. Help with Doom....

7. wget: Stop It from background downloading?

8. Patch for e100 on my z505je

9. Wget shared library problem

10. wget won't retry

11. wget problems