Problem in boot up - ld problems

Post by CHANG Kai Cheo » Tue, 20 Sep 1994 13:13:19

Dear netters,

The machines in our lab. get hanged while booting, there are error
messages from the run time linker:

ld.so: open error 2 for /usr/lib/libc.so.1.8 (for machine running SUnOS
4.1.2)

The above messages are from s SUN IPX running 4.1.2.  I think the library
should be libc.so.1.7.

For the other machine SUN LX running 4.1.3C, similar error messages
occurred during boot process:

ld.so: can't read struct exec for /usr/lib/libc.so.1.8

After the mounting NFS process, the getty also report some errors:

init: '/usr/etc/getty "terminal.speed terminal-name" failing, sleeping

Thus the machines are completely hanged.  Does anybody get any ideas???
I want to make the machines work as soon as possible.  Thanks in advance.

--
K.C. Chang              Department of Electrical and Electronics Engg.

1. Newbie alert: problem getting ld to link with ld-linux.so.2

Hi,

    I'm having a hard time persuading ld to link against ld-linux.so.2. My
link command line looks like follows: ld -o CommsClient
CommsClient -t -Bdynamic -lc.

    The default output file is reported to be elf_i386. My question is how
do I get ld to link agains ld-linux.so.2 ? Without it I get 'Cannot find
entry symbol _start ...'

Regards
Francois

2. Debian 2.2r3 DHCP, 3COM 3CCFE575BT, ThinkPAD 760XD Install Question

3. XFree86/xvidtune problems - i.e. missing /var/ld/ld.config etc.

4. Solaris 2.6 fontserver dies!

5. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

6. SiS 6236 VIDEO SUPPORT UNDER NEW X WINDOWS

7. boot problem: /etc/ld.so.cache corrupt

8. Sparc and PLIP

9. supraexpress modems (28.8) problems w/dial-ins

10. Netscape plug-ins problem

11. Problems with dialing out when dial-ins are enabled

12. Netscape 4.51 and plug-ins problem

13. Difference between Installing from Ins Svr and Boot Svr?