dynamically changing xterm title

Post by Cal Woot » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello!
        Does any one know o a fairly simpl way to change the xterm
title to the current hostname and then change when telnet/rlogin to
a different host and change back when exiting?
        Thanks.
Cal Wooten

Post by Luiz Henrique de Figueire » Wed, 03 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>        Does any one know o a fairly simpl way to change the xterm
>title to the current hostname and then change when telnet/rlogin to
>a different host and change back when exiting?

here is a set of aliases for csh that does this:

alias   label   'echo -n "]0;\!*"'
alias   log     'label \!*; rlogin \!*; label $HOST'
alias   telnet  'label \!*; \telnet \!*; label $HOST'
alias   ftp     'label ftp \!$; \ftp -iv \!*; label $HOST'

1. Dynamically changing xterm title bar in tcsh

Does anyone know if the cwdcmd alias feature requires a special option
to be set when tcsh is compiled?  Or are there any other requirements
for getting this to work?  I haven't been able to get this to work on
our Solaris, HPUX or AIX boxes that we have at work, however I have seen
it work on some other Solaris boxes that I have logged into while at
training classes.  Upon setting the cwdcmd alias, it just echos back the
string verbatim to stdout instead of changing the title bar text.  Any
info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Troy

2. problems with may snap, and previous snap versions

3. How to change the title of an xterm dynamically

4. Windows95 & Linux

5. xterm title dynamically displaying host

6. Compile problems with Netatalk

7. Title bar flicker fix for XTerm [setting title only on "cd"]

8. Fix non-TSC ia32 CPUs

9. How to change the title of an xterm icon ...

10. title of xterm window to be changed

11. Prompt string to change xterm title?

12. Change xterm's title

13. How do I change the xterm title after it's created