Backing up Novell server via NEXTSTEP NetWare client?

Backing up Novell server via NEXTSTEP NetWare client?

Post by Gerben Wier » Sat, 22 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hello World,

        Small administrativia, not all groups of this crosspost are carried
here, so answers by email preferred. Also, if something useful comes from this,
I'll make a summary.

        Situation: I have a NEXTSTEP (Mach/Unix) NetWare client which can
connect to a netware server. I am investigating the possibilities of backup. I was
wondering if I can backup the NetWare server from the NEXTSTEP client
reliably. I was thinking about a DAT drive to the NEXTSTEP machine and using
something like dump/restore, tar or SafetyNet.
        Question: What are my options? Can this be done, or more precise,
is someone already doing it?

Yours,

--
Gerben Wierda

1. Novell Netware client/server

Hi,

I frequently browse through this very interesting newsgroup, but I
hardly ever see any articles about setting up Linux as a Novell
NetWare server or client.

I keep reading about the possibility to emulate NetWare on a Linux
box in HOWTO's and FAQ and INFOSHEETS. Who in this newsgroup has any
experience with NetWare emulation? How difficult is it to set up? How
stable is it?

J.F.
--
Jelle-Frodo Huisman
Wormerveer, The Netherlands

2. Cannot load qtlib2

3. Problems connecting with Netware Client for Linux to Netware 4.11 server..

4. make_uninstall submission

5. Novell Netware WWW Servers versus Linux WWW Servers

6. Problems compiling SLiRP

7. Howto mount novell netware drives (not via NET)

8. And They Say Linux and GPL Are Pac-Man-Like?

9. SEEK HELP: mount via ncpmount(ipxutils) in RH7.1 a Novell Netware 5 NDS login

10. Caldera and Novell NetWare Client

11. Novell Netware Client

12. Novell Netware clients crash Linux IPX-router

13. APC USB ups, Back-UPS ES series, 2.5.68