Solaris2.4 openwin freezes after installation of HP jetdirect software

Solaris2.4 openwin freezes after installation of HP jetdirect software

Post by su » Sat, 12 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi

I would appreciate suggestions to this problem:

After installing HP Jetdirect software on Solaris2.4, OPENWIN hangs at
the "welcome" page when a normal user logs on. But this does not happen
to "root". I suspect it could be due to some rights/lack of
authority.(there was kerberos running, wondered where to comment out the
daemon).

Thanks

yh chin

1. openwin freezes after installation of HP jetdirect software

Hi

I would anyone may have suggestions to this problem:

After installing HP Jetdirect software on Solaris2.4, OPENWIN hangs at
the "welcome" page when a normal user logs on. But this does not happen
to "root". I suspect it could be due to some rights/lack of
authority.(there was kerberos running, wondered where to comment out the
daemon).

Thanks

yh chin

2. Adaptec 1460 with RedHat 6

3. Banner pages on HP LasesrJets (using HP's JetDirect software)

4. Does savevg back up ALL of a VG or just the used blocks?

5. HP Jetdirect and Solaris2.4

6. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 2 of 6)

7. Solaris 2.5.1 / HP JetAdmin D3.15 / HP JetDirect / Non-HP-Printer

8. ioctl() on /dev/audio

9. JetDirect software without jetdirect print server

10. HP Jetdirect software for SCO Unix 3.2v4.2

11. Solaris and HP/JetDirect software

12. HP JetDirect software for Linux?

13. Any software to configure HP JetDirect EX interface?