DIGITAL UNIX

Post by Peter Hellman » Mon, 05 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

i work with a UNIX System from DIGITAL. I hope this is the right newsgroup.
I just have the following question: I make programs on this machine using
"C" and Embedded SQL with OpenIngres Databases. Now i need to have some
functions() that allow me to add a certain amount of seconds to a certain
date (time_t). Is there any library available with DIGITAL UNIX or does
someone have a hint for me where i can get such date-functions ?

thanks a lot.

Peter

DIGITAL UNIX

Post by Suds » Mon, 05 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> i work with a UNIX System from DIGITAL. I hope this is the right newsgroup.
> I just have the following question: I make programs on this machine using
> "C" and Embedded SQL with OpenIngres Databases. Now i need to have some
> functions() that allow me to add a certain amount of seconds to a certain
> date (time_t). Is there any library available with DIGITAL UNIX or does
> someone have a hint for me where i can get such date-functions ?

> thanks a lot.

> Peter

Use date() to get the number of seconds since midnight Jan.1/70. Feel free
to add or subtract from that number and then use localtime() to get a pointer
to a tm structure (#include <time.h>). Simple stuff, really.

DIGITAL UNIX

Post by Tom Ster » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

There is another newsgroup that specializes in Digital Unix.  It is based on
their old name for the product:  OSF/1.  That group is comp.unix.osf.osf1.

tom