For all you techie's

Post by CHARLES EDWAR » Mon, 20 Feb 1995 05:52:00

 Hi All ..

  This is a request/plea/beg to all of you with knowledge about
networking a Unix system with a PC running dos/windows/os2v3 etc... Via
ethernet.

 Right, for the benefit of those that are still reading this..

  The machine are currently physically linked via a combo 10baset/2/5
card in the pc and ethernet cable to a microtransceiver converting
to aui at the back of the Unix box (Sun 3/110) running SunOS 4.1.1 .

  If it comes down to it i'll be happy with a simple tcp/ip link but
would prefer some kind of proper network (I.E. peer to peer).

  The problem is that i'm tring to convert the pc to act as another
UNIX station as i expect that'll be easier than making the UNIX station
like a P.C. !?!? Does anyone know of a software package that will
enable me to link the two machines in this manner ??

  Also if i'm going about this in the wrong way any suggestions will be
humbly read, and GREATLY appreciated.

  If anyone else out there is also attempting the same or a similar
network connection I would be more than happy to exchange information
about the subject.

 If you have got this far, many thanks for your time and I appreciate