Printers and SNA

Post by Fran » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:29:48

I want it know before I ask my two questions that I have spent a lot of time
reading the Handbook, and FAQ, as well as two other books trying to
understand the answers given.

My first question is how do I know if a particular printer is compatible
with BSD?  The reference material writes about setting them up, but how do I
know the printer will be compatible in the first place?

My second question is what does BSD use to facilitate communication between
a PC server and an IBM mainframe?  Is there a program or module similar to
SNA server?

1. LINUX-SNA : problem with sna tools

I install my kernel 2.3.39 with patch net-fun for sna connection ==> without
problem.
But, when i compiled sna tools, i didn't know what configured the snaconfig,
because the documentation isn't present with this tools.
Help me please, if you are some documentations for SNA TOOLS.

P.S Sorry, my english is very bad.

2. Welcome to comp.unix.shell [Frequent posting]

3. Difference between IBM SNA for Windows and IBM SNA for UNIX

4. Aureal soundcard and UnrealTournament (UT)

5. Migrate from SNA v4 to SNA v5

6. PCI Sound Card Help

7. migration from sna version 3.1 to sna version 5 problems

8. FTP from korn shell

9. SNA server/print to same printer from different systems

10. SNA printer Server

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. Linux SNA Printer Gateway

13. SNA/Bisync RJE for Linux?