Generalized Memory Allocation Package

Post by David S Chech » Fri, 28 Dec 1990 20:45:50

I would like a memory allocation tool that works like malloc/free but
for which I can define an area (start and length) from which it should
take its allocations.  If you are aware of such a library, please
let me know by email.

Thanks,
Dave Chechik
Motorola Israel Ltd.
Tel Aviv
uunet!motcid!milcse!chechik

--
Dave Chechik
Cellular Software Engineering

1. Anybody know a good package to debug memory allocation/freeing?

Does anybody know of a good package to help debugging the flow of
memory allocation and freeing in ones program, preferable
non-commercial one?

It seems that I am freeing a buffer somewhere in my code, that should
not be de-allocated, but I simply won't find the cause of the problem.

Any ideas appreciated!

        -peter

2. Help with sharing disks linux/Win95

3. Memory allocation and de-allocation

4. Serial Programming under Linux

5. memory allocation by OS memory manager

6. make_services (bsd 4.7)

7. Infinite memory?!? Memory allocation bug with gcc?

8. suppress allocation warnings for radix-tree allocations

9. maximum memory allocation

10. Still problems with memory allocations

11. Allocation of memory failed

12. memory alloc failuer : __alloc_pages: 1-order allocation failed.