.plan Function?

Post by Bill Marc » Wed, 22 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Greeting to all.  I noted a recent post regarding the .plan file and how
>one user gets a No Plan message when fingered.  It appeared that the
>reason he receives the No Plan message is because he doesn't have a .plan
>file....My newbie question is what is the purpose of a .plan file?

It's a message to anyone who fingers you.

--
"Goodness me, could this be industrial disease?"  Dire Straits

1. .plan Function?

: : Greeting to all.  I noted a recent post regarding the .plan file and how
: : one user gets a No Plan message when fingered.  It appeared that the
: : reason he receives the No Plan message is because he doesn't have a .plan
: : file....My newbie question is what is the purpose of a .plan file?
: When somone finger's your account, if you have a .plan file, that .plan
: file will be display to the person fingering you. Use and editor and put
: anything you want in your .plan then type like chmod ugo+r .plan, then
: finger yourself:>
: later.

and chmod ugo+x ~ as well or they can't see it.
        -Robert

                     WWW: http://student.uq.edu.au/~ec531667
Linux the choice of a Gnu generation

2. port use by pptpd

3. Role of Plans and Planning in Program Development

4. Tape Backup systems for LINUX! (one more thing)

5. function, function...who's got the function?

6. Upgrade to LinuxPPC 2000

7. Re. AIX Function Equivalent To VM's "RETRIEVE" Function Re: AIX Function Equivalent To VM's "RETRIEVE" Function

8. I hate win98]

9. Doing dead function elimination without -finline-functions in 2.95.2?

10. BASH function: does the definition order of the function matter?

11. Doing dead function elimination without -finline-functions in 2.95.2?

12. Call function within a function

13. Functions for JavaScript function are needed