lpr -- how to send 'raw' files

Post by Gary R. Mensz » Thu, 09 Feb 1995 02:22:47

i am trying to send files which have been formatted to include
PCL control characters to an lpd on a remote system. when i look
at the information in the lpd control file, it sends something
like '-fdfa119.....'.  as far as i can tell from the RFC, this
means treat the file as formatted text and strip out control
characters except for things like CR, LF, HT, etc.

how can i get the file sent so that the control file indicates
'-ldfa119.....' which would tell the lpd server not to strip
out the control characters?

1. How to send 'raw' packets via sendto on a SOCK_PACKET sockt

Hi,
I've been successfully using a SOCK_PACKET socket to receive (recvfrom) any packet from my home
10baseT network.
But i can't use 'sendto' to send packets for which i decide everything. But everything what?
Must i provide a full ethernet frame, or only the data-field of the frame.

And how. I get only a NULL (all ZERO) packet across the network, revealed by tcpdump on a
different machine.

Any hint will be appreciated.

B.T.W. Can somebody point me to some doc/faq/howto explaining the inner workings of the net code
in Linux?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--

"The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which
failed to start because of the following error:

2. A Pentium is stickyer than a 486!?

3. Raw disk access and the 'raw' program

4. Routing Table Entries

5. Possible to use 'lpr' to save a file onto a remote Sun?

6. Booting Problem

7. Help: uploading whoa's - can't send files - whY

8. mkfs reports bad block on 40GB HD and aborts

9. sending binary file over internet in 'c'

10. Why is mail for 'news' not sent to 'root'?

11. 'cat file' but only if 'file' exist

12. Coverting '.so' files to '.o' files

13. File size of 'tmp' files for 'vi'