Q: A UNIX COMMUNICATION PROGRAMMING QUESTION. NEED HELP!

Q: A UNIX COMMUNICATION PROGRAMMING QUESTION. NEED HELP!

Post by Binglin Ya » Tue, 04 Jan 1994 17:57:01

Hi, All,
   I would like to write a little program to communicate with a romote site
user. The program under Unix starts running whenever it sees a call comming
in and then waits for a command from a remote user. But the remote user does
not log in. He just needs to send a command such as "go" to the program running
under Linux. If the program under Linux successuflly receives the command, it
sends back a string, such as "I go you" and then hangs up.
   I am very new to serial programming. Could somebody tell me how to start
quickly ? For example, how to detect a ring and to connect a line, say
/dev/ttyS1.  I guess I don't need to setup terminal in this case, do I?
  Any replies will be greatly appreciated ?
  I am runnnig the Linux, a unix clone, on my 486 PC.

Thanks in advance.
Binglin Yang

1. Need help on program for serial line communication of UNIX

I've been going to develop a C program to do the communication of a data
device to UNIX through a serial line.  My environment is Sun Solaris
2.4.  The communication is two-way.  The data device will response by
get request from UNIX through the line.

Can anyone give me a simple program to start with or suggestions or
guidelines.

Thanks

Elson Chan

2. Passing Arguments To Aliases in KSH

3. NEED HELP WITH PROGRAMMING POP3 MAIL PROGRAM TO RETRIEVE MAIL ON UNIX-TO-UNIX

4. Shell script

5. UNIX Network Programming, Volume 2 (Interprocess Communications)

6. Pentium 133Mhz vs Cyrix P150+

7. Unix Programming & Linux Programming Question

8. SCO shell scripts

9. Need help w/serial communication under interactive unix

10. UNIX-to-PC communications help needed

11. Please I need help with communication undex unix.

12. Need help in programming a UNIX RTL

13. 1st Year Student Needs UNIX Programming Help