m32 is a wonderful macro assembler for the VAX

m32 is a wonderful macro assembler for the VAX

Post by Ray Moo » Wed, 02 May 1990 13:04:00

Hello!

    When I took CS300 at Purdue, they taught assembler (Now it is mostly C).
They used a nifty assembler called m32, which is short for Macro 32.  It
supports macros and all sorts of neat stuff.  It ran under BSD4.1, but I think
it should be possible to run it under 4.3 without any problems.

    If there is any interest, send me Email.  I will talk to my old professor
and get the the source IF I can.  I am not sure it is available.
--

                                        Ray Moody

                                         ihnp4!pur-ee!s.cc.purdue.edu!aij

1. Teaching Assembler on VAX (BSD 4.3)

The School of Computer Science at my site wishes to teach undergraduate
assembly language programming on a VAX 11/780 running BSD 4.3. Is the
default assembler "as" suitable (i.e. friendly enough) for student use?
If not, can anyone point me to an alternate VAX assembler that is
friendlier and does operate under Berkeley UNIX?

Many thanks.
--
UUCP:      {seismo|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!wdw

2. Xfree and Stealth 3D 2000

3. VAX Assembler

4. wont recoginize cd

5. 68020 macro assembler wanted

6. Apache 1.3.6+SSLeay-0.9.0b

7. m4 macros for assembler?

8. how does ps work, and can I program the same in C

9. Am I the first one to try the assembler example from the Sun docs ?

10. Why am I loosing the macros??

11. APPLIX: wordcount.am 1.1 - Word count macro for Words

12. GNU assembler to Solaris assembler