Exercisers/Diagnostics for UNIX systems

Post by Brian Ullma » Sun, 06 Jun 1993 08:12:31

Hello -

Does anyone know of any 'C' based programs that will
exercise/stress a system. Yes, I know this is pretty
vague but I'm just putting out a feeler...

I'm looking for something that will grab up memory and
run patterns or simulate "user" memory usage and also
read/write blocks of data to a given list of devices
attached to the system (tapes, dasd, crts, network,
etc., etc.).

The catch is that it must come from freely available
source.

Please respond my email to save bandwidth...

Thanks for any pointers you can give me.

Brian

--
Brian A. Ullmark - Staff Engineer    Phone: (510) 623-5090
Amdahl Corporation - Open Systems      FAX: (510) 770-0493

Fremont, CA  94538              CompuServe: 70023,1477

1. *** File system exerciser?

Hi, I am in the process of evaluating different file system and
hierarchical storage solutions. Part of this will be to write some
test programs to measure the speed and the reliability (I also plan
to generate some "unexpected" events by unplugging the power, etc.)

Is there some comprehensive suit of such exersizer programs available
on the net? If not, what do you think a good set of tests would be?

Thanks a lot,
Jozsef

2. named errors?

3. --> File system exerciser?

4. liberty

5. SEND DIAGNOSTIC and RECEIVE DIAGNOSTIC RESULT

6. HELP! RedHat5.2 Sony CDU33a Wont Install.

7. Does any Know How To FTP between a Unix system and a Non Unix operating system.

8. HELP: DOS patition can't be mounted

9. System Performace Diagnostics Under Linux?

10. System Diagnostic

11. System Diagnostics

12. System/Hardware Diagnostics Software needed

13. How to turn on system loader diagnostics?