Communication program for Sun

Post by Kim-Kiat T » Fri, 21 Aug 1992 00:03:49

        Is there a version of Waffle communication program for Sun using tip ?
or is there any communication program like pcomm for Sun ? Most of the programs
I knew are for unix on pc, but I would like to run it on Sun.

Communication program for Sun

Post by Jean-Pierre Radl » Thu, 27 Aug 1992 06:50:18

Quote:>    Is there a version of Waffle communication program for Sun using tip ?
>or is there any communication program like pcomm for Sun ? Most of the programs
>I knew are for unix on pc, but I would like to run it on Sun.

XC runs on Suns. The latest release is stuck in that famous queue in c.s.u.
I'm considering posting to alt.sources instead.

Mailing of the shar files is still something that I do when asked,
however.
--

1. Program to Program communication?

I have one ksh script that calls a perl script.  I want these programs
to communicate with eachother.  I basically want the perl script to
respond with a yes or no.  I suppose one would think to just use the
exit code of the perl script, but the exit code is reserved for when the
perl script is called by itself.

Thanks for any guidance in this.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Printer problem after upgrade from 4.1.1.0 to 4.1.5.0

3. APPC ( Advanched Program to Program Communication ) info wanted

4. "Unix Haters Handbook" ?

5. file formats and porting to Sun. Sun programs?

6. SURVEY: Graphics card benchmarks under XFree86 (18 Jan 95)

7. Serial Communications on a Sun

8. A script for automating prog transfer via email?

9. Communication between Indigo 2 and Solaris Sun Sparc 20

10. Communications servers for modems to Suns,HP

11. Sun and Linux machines, X-window communication

12. Communication Software for SUN Sparc (Solaris 2.3)

13. Serial communication on Sun 3.