commands w/o logging in

Post by Aaron Walke » Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Is it possible to execute commands w/o actually logging into unix systems?

for your time.

Aaron Walker
IconMedia site design
http://www.iconmedia.com

I've setup a FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE box to connect a network to the internet
with natd and ipfw firewall.
I've also setup the FreeBSD box to let teleworkers log in with FTP and
telnet.

Now I would like to log FTP and telnet Log-in's from teleworkers who connect
to the machine from the internet.
I woul like to see the time and IP numer from which users Log-in.

I have looked at the /var/log/messages file but this only shows SU Login's.

All help is greatly appriciated!

Luke

2. How many simultaneous connections with NCSA server?

3. Check your ppp.log or ppp.tun0.log in /var/log

4. linux, cd-rom, floppys, and my kernal

5. ipppd logs in /var/log/ipppd-auth.log ??

6. html access control without scripting

7. logging - "secure" logs don't tell me who is logging in?

8. Installing XIG's LX demo sever for neomagic chips

9. How can I get ipppd to log in /var/log/ipppd-auth.log ????

10. diff among echo a>f; command<f; echo $a|command; command << $a; EOF

11. Logging commands to the local printer

12. Bad chsh command--now can't log in.

13. Log in as root but can't execute any commands or read files.