help with installation

Post by Barbara Gallego » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Is there a way to install a base pkg. from a CD while in the root?

I'm trying to install redhat 4.2 on Virtual PC.  I got things loaded and
LILO works, but I can only log onto root.  It lets me make a passwd and add
a user, but that is all.  During install I got red run-on lines when
chkconfig was trying to load.  Now I get an error during boot telling me
that an error occured during the file check, and that is dropping me to the
shell.  That is when I can log onto root or ^D gives me the same error
message and reboots. And the same thing happens all over again.

I am VERY new to Unix, so please be patient with me.

thanks

Barbara

1. Help,Help, Help,my installation of RedHat7.3 hangs, how to solve it?

Hi,

I am a newbie on the linux and just start to install the redhat7.3 on
my pC which has 256M memory and 10G hard disk. I am installing the
linux through the ftp site. The installation always hangs when it
reaches to the final step -- installing the packages on my PC. I tried
both the workstation installation and customized installation. They
both don't work. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It is
very urgent for me b/c my project is due in this weekend.

thanks for any suggestions,

zhou

2. nisd warning -- Please HELP!

3. HELP: slackware installation

4. How do I set up more than on ISP Provider on PPP?

5. Help: GIMP installation

6. POPQuizHOTSHOT! Cant find auto at bootup!

7. HELP: avanti installation failure

8. CD problems under 3.2

9. Need help badly, installation problem

10. Help with installation of C for AIX ver. 5.0

11. Help Linux Installation

12. Please help w/ installation!

13. Help wanted: Installation