Authentication (UNIX) on NETSCAPE

Post by Paul Ratnar » Sun, 05 May 1996 04:00:00

Subject: Authentication (UNIX) on NETSCAPE
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
Hi,

        We have multiple UNIX systems that have their own password files.
We are hoping to come up with a method that allows authentication using
the /etc/passwd files on the individual systems.

        Does NETSCAPE offer or plan to offer authentication via
/etc/passwd files on UNIX?

        Is there any other way of using the /etc/passwd files for
authentication other than NETSCAPE's database.

Pros and Cons on the above would be greatly appreciated.

1. Authentication (UNIX) on NETSCAPE

Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
Hi,

        We have multiple UNIX systems that have their own password files.
We are hoping to come up with a method that allows authentication using
the /etc/passwd files on the individual systems.

        Does NETSCAPE offer or plan to offer authentication via
/etc/passwd files on UNIX?

        Is there any other way of using the /etc/passwd files for
authentication other than NETSCAPE's database.

Pros and Cons on the above would be greatly appreciated.

2. recalc_sigpending in usb.c

3. linux programming help needed ......

4. make dep error message

5. need help w/ Netscape server authentication configuration

6. 64-bit vs 32-bit distros

7. Help - Apache and Netscape get into "authentication" battle

8. Netscape 3.5.1 using SSL and authentication

9. Authentication for Netscape server

10. Netscape authentication (login) question

11. Netscape proxy server authentication -- change user's password