Bind Ctrl-arrows under bash?

Post by Don Burde » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I use bash and would like to bind the key combination Ctrl-right and
Ctrl-left
to 'forward-word' and 'backward-word' respectively.  Can't seem to figure
out how to do it.  Any help would be appreciated.

1. binding ctrl-<arrows> in tcsh

I'm using tcsh 6.06.00 on my solaris 2.4 SPARC in an xterm.
It seems ther isn't a difference between pressing an arrow key
and holding ctrl or shift or alt and pressing an arrow key.  I'd
like to bind fome command line editing finction to ctrl-left/right
(word-backward/forward) but if get the new function wether I press
the ctrl or not.

Any Ideas?  Is this a terminal thing, not a tcsh thing?  I'm a
terminfo novice.  Whar needs to change?

thnaks in advance, Paul

2. Newgroup message structure?

3. XFree 4.3.0 upgrade, bash and CTRL+arrows problem

4. FTP-only access

5. Ctrl-Arrows?

6. plex86?

8. Any success with micro NLX boards?

9. Turning off CTRL+C and CTRL+Z in a Bash profile

10. Esc sequences for Ctrl+arrows

11. Reading CTRL-SHIFT-ARROW under Linux-FVWM

12. Help! Can I remap Ctrl-Arrow ?

13. How to bind the up arrow key to show the last command in csh?