Need an icon font editor that handles multiple fonts per file

Need an icon font editor that handles multiple fonts per file

Post by John Vel » Fri, 10 Sep 1993 08:20:30

is there a "unix" font editor that can handle multiple icons within
a single file?  i am coming from an apollo environment using the 'edfont'
utility.  this utility could store dozens of icons within a single file,
writing the output in either apollo-specific format or in bdf format.

my problem is that i now work on a sun sparc10 and i would like a way to
edit my old .bdf icon files without having to go and do the work on my
apollo machine.  is there such a utility out in net-land somewhere?

thanks in advance,
--

+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
    John Vella  ---  Mentor Graphics Corp. Wilsonville, OR

 "These opinions are mine, but for a price they could be yours"
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

1. I need a box-drawing font (or a font editor)

Because I'm porting a program that originally ran under MS-DOS (sort-of, but
that's a long, off-topic story) on a PC, I really need to be able to display
what in the PC-world are called the line-drawing (or box-drawing) characters
within an xterm window.  It's easy from a text-terminal because they are in
the VGA-card's native character set, but the X-Window fonts don't include
these characters, though they include a large number of "foreign" language
characters which my application doesn't need.

The simplest way to do the porting is to find an X-Window font that includes
the usual 32-127 characters plus an approximation to the box-drawing set on
the VGA card.  But I couldn't find -- in the reasonably complete load from
RH 5.2 -- any fonts that met these requirements.

If I can't do this, then the next simplest way to do this is to take an
existing font and replace some of the characters I don't need (and won't
ever need -- this is an embedded application, not mass-market software) and
edit the font to add the characters I need.  But I haven't been able to find
a font-editor either.

All suggestions (or solutions) are welcome.

Thanks
    Norm

2. Chaos on my Linux box?

3. I need a box-drawing font (or a font editor(

4. unix os

5. FONTS FONTS AND MORE FONTS

6. AfterStep menu?

7. FONTS FONTS FONTS... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!

8. network card and modem setup

9. tkdesk file browser/editor font?

10. keyboard/console fonts vs. X-fonts

11. Font Problem: could not open default font 'fixed'

12. Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo

13. Terminal fonts are all the same new font