Just installed Solaris but can't boot to it.

Just installed Solaris but can't boot to it.

Post by Matt Paoli » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
  I have to hard drives and both have one large partition each.  I
just installed Solaris 2.6 on my secondary drive (which is not my boot
drive) but I obviously it won't boot to the drive that I installed
Solaris on.  Now, I know there has to be a way to do this.  The
installation program gave me one option.  To choose the drive I wanted
to install it.  But, I didn't want to install it on my current boot
drive because I have Win 98 on there and I want to preserve. So, I
told it to install Solaris on my secondary drive then it told me that
I had to change my boot drive in my BIOS.  I'm not going to do that.
When I boot, it only boots to Win 98 and doesn't even recognize the
Solaris drive because it's not bootable.

Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks in advance....

Matt Paolini

1. FreeBSD 4.2 won't boot - 'read error' on boot after install

Just installed FreeBSD 4.2 and 4.1 , installtion goes fine until it asks
to remove cdrom/floppies and reboot. Then before anything attempts to
load I get a read error when access the hard disk, then hangs there.

The machine is an old P133 ICL ErgoPro, but runs Windows 95/98 OK so I
know it will boot.

Any ideas???

TIA,
Ash

Remove .NOSPAM from my email address to reply

2. SCSI hard disk sector size.

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. File change detection

5. RH 5.0 and FAT32

6. First boot after install hangs after ''Starting PCMCIA services''.

7. No Keyboards,Mice and Monitors

8. dual boot NT/Solaris 7 install Q's

9. Solaris 2.6 with A1000 - Can't boot -r with Veritas Volume Manager and VXFS installed

10. Red Hat 6.2, Highpoint HPT366: installs fine, won't boot stopping at 'LI'

11. HELP: Can't find 'make' after Solaris 8 install

12. Can't get Boot.img to Boot Redhat 6.0 install