Fifo app?

Post by Ian Stirlin » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

I find I need one of these again, having worked around the last occurance,
without resorting to writing code.
Basically, I'm looking for something that reads on it's input, while
writing, but not blocking on it's output, if it would block, then it
sticks the data into a buffer.

This is for things like digital audio, on a busy system, where there
may occasionally be times when a 30K write might take longer than .1 seconds,
causing drop-outs.

Anyone seen this beast?

Or is there a fmightblock or similar, that I can use to implement this.

--
Ian Stirling.   Designing a linux PDA, see  http://www.mauve.demon.co.uk/
----- ******* If replying by email, check notices in header ******* -----

1. fifo app?

I'm looking for a simple primitive app, that must have been written
several hundred times.
Basically
fifo -100K
reads 100K from stdin, and then starts outputting the data at the end
of the buffer to stdout.
Where can I get it?

--
Ian Stirling.   Designing a linux PDA, see  http://www.mauve.demon.co.uk/
----- ******* If replying by email, check notices in header ******* -----
Two fish in a tank: one says to the other, you know how to drive this thing??

2. What is LINUX?

3. FIFO app for burning CDs?

4. kernel problems

5. fifo app?

6. 2 SMC Ethernet cards

7. How to start a new app from code in my app?

8. NES 3.62 on SunOS - server startup failed

9. system()'ing a curses app from a curses app

10. X apps won't use color app-defaults files

11. apps, apps, 1-2-3

12. unix apps, mac apps?

13. how to kill specific app processes by non-root app-admin