Line printing (help!)

Post by dan griff » Wed, 19 Apr 1995 04:00:00

How can I use the lpr command (or another print command) to print to the
line printer out the back of my machine.  I'm running UNIX off of the
net, but would like to use my personal printer.

Thank you.

Line printing (help!)

Post by Vincent Flemi » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: How can I use the lpr command (or another print command) to print to the
: line printer out the back of my machine.  I'm running UNIX off of the
: net, but would like to use my personal printer.

Chameleon TCP/IP has lpr/lpd for Windows (I assume you're running Windows
on your desktop). You can start the lpd service, and use your machine
as a remote print server.

Vince

--
Vincent Fleming, Senior Systems Engineer              USPA Lic. No. C-21980

ECCS, Inc., 1 Sheila Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724    tele:   800-ECCS-INC
Makers Of High Performance RAID Products - AT&T, Sun, & HP VAR

1. one liner which prints n lines before and m lines after the line found by grep

Hi
I am looking for a something better than this:

n=1;m=2;f=./my_file.txt;x=`grep -n my_string $f |cut -f1
-d':'`;ab="`expr $x - $n`,`expr $x + $m`"; sed -n "${ab}p" $f

Command above will print one line before and two lines after line
containing my_string in file my_file.txt.

Is there a more elegant way? Something awk based :) I guess, I am not
a big friend of awk...

Andrew

2. /etc/profile

3. Printing problem (Not printing first line) Help!

4. xterm question

5. HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING

6. need doom help please!!!

7. Print 2nd line after target line in sed

8. losing packets...why?

9. what sed command to print the first line and the last line

10. Search file and print line + next line?

11. How to print lines with an offset to matched line

12. Print 2nd line after target line in sed

13. print line 1 of each file, line 2 of each file...