Differences btw. System V and BSD?

Post by Sam » Thu, 11 Aug 1994 17:29:27

Hello!

I have a general question about Unix. What are basic differences between
System V and BSD? Can anyone send me something like a short comparison
table between the two, or point to sources of such information?

How can I know if my particular system is System V or BSD based, and what
does it mean for me as a programmer (there are HP-UX and DEC OSF/1 on our
site)?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Alex Ratner,
Amdocs Inc,

1. Differences btw. System V and BSD?

I've only been reading this group two days, and this is the third time I've seen this question asked.  This has to be a FAQ.  Could someone point us all to the answer?

Thanks,

John W. Linville

---
| John W. Linville                         Alcatel -- Raleigh, NC              |

2. very strange problem with policy routing

3. Difference between BSD & System V

4. Matrox Millenium and X

5. Stp driver difference btw. 3.0 and 5.0 ?

6. PPP and linux on fas

7. mt difference btw. eom and eod

8. tpqic02 - new release?

9. Difference btw MKLinux and LinuxPPC

10. iptables: difference btw. ESTABLISHED & RELATED

11. difference btw CGI and HTML scripts

12. tcsh - difference btw. set & setenv

13. Printing differences btw. Netscape UNIX & Win32