Is it possible to find out when a person last logout?

Is it possible to find out when a person last logout?

Post by Lam S » Tue, 20 Sep 1994 22:47:46

        If I finger a person, then I can know when (s)he last login. But is
there a way to find out when a person last logout?

Shu

Is it possible to find out when a person last logout?

Post by Richard L. Eisenma » Wed, 21 Sep 1994 05:33:42

Use the "last" command. Try man last for more infor.

>    If I finger a person, then I can know when (s)he last login. But is
> there a way to find out when a person last logout?

> Shu

Washington State University Tri-Cities
100 Sprout Road
Richland, WA 99352                       Phone: (509)375-9381

Post by SILVIO CESA » Wed, 21 Sep 1994 09:09:17

>    If I finger a person, then I can know when (s)he last login. But is
> there a way to find out when a person last logout?

> Shu

yep, the /usr/adm/wtmp file records logins/logouts for all users.  however
unlike the /usr/adm/lastlog file (which finger uses) the wtmp file is non
permanent and is reset every month or two, depending on your system.  you can
examine the wtmp file by using who /usr/adm/wtmp  .  for more info man wtmp  .

Silvio