Looking for utility to "mirror" a remote file system

Looking for utility to "mirror" a remote file system

Post by Prabhu Ka » Sat, 20 Nov 1993 16:38:24

I'm looking for a utility/program/package/whatever which can perform what
I call "mirroring".  I define mirroring as where multiple copies of a file
system exist (possibly in geographically remote sites), and where updating
any of them causes all of them to be updated.

Note that I'm not talking about using either NFS or AFS to remotely access
one copy of the data.  It's important that a local copy of the data is
always available, even if slightly out of date.  Any help is appreciated.

Prabhu Kavi

Looking for utility to "mirror" a remote file system

Post by Raju Narasimh » Wed, 24 Nov 1993 10:58:39

Please post summary of your responses.

Thanx in advance.
..  Now I think I just reached the state of HYPERTENSION that comes JUST
BEFORE you see the TOTAL at the SAFEWAY CHECKOUT COUNTER!