DOS-emulators w/ commercial UNIX's

Post by Kristo Airin » Thu, 24 Nov 1994 07:04:44

I have a problem to solve, concerning running several DOS-sessions
under a single UNIX-platform. when I say several I really mean
several, in this case something like 16 sessions, all the time.
These DOS-sessions would be used from dummy terminals connected
to other machines via TCP/IP & telnet/rlogin. Some filesystems would
also be mounted with NFS to other UNIX-machines which would also
be running DOS-sessions under UNIX... A tricky way to do the job,
but there is no other ways...

Of course this would need a system with lots of memory and a fast
486, but that's not problem at all.

The main problem is that I don't know which commercial UNIX's
have abilities to run a DOS-emulator and how well it runs. I
have seen only Linux and SCO OpenDesktop running a DOS-emulators
and would like to know if others work too?

If only Linux + DOS-emu would be a stable system, I would count
on that, but since it isn't a mature product yet, I can't take
a risk with clients moneys. SCO is otherwise a dream come true
except for the price. A decent SCO UNIX-system (16-users, TCP/IP,
NFS and Merge) = big $$$...

So if you have any ideas which commercially available unixes would
run DOS-emulations and what kind of emulation is offered I would be
very pleased to share your information via email.
Thanks in advance...

 K.A

--

       +358-0-8746707 (data/fax)  ///   -- For details, use finger --