Want RCS co NOT to check out if nothing new checked in

Want RCS co NOT to check out if nothing new checked in

Post by Thomas Eliasso » Wed, 14 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I don't want co to perform a checkout (without lock) if no change
has been made to the file. Since the co changes date, all the files
seem new if date is considered, even though they haven't changed.

Since we have many scripts using co, I don't like to change
all of them.
RCS co itselft doesn't seem to support this feature,
correct me if I've missed it.

Thank's for any suggestions!

/Thomas

Want RCS co NOT to check out if nothing new checked in

Post by kevin brintna » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I don't want co to perform a checkout (without lock) if no change has
> been made to the file. Since the co changes date, all the files seem new
> if date is considered, even though they haven't changed.

co changes the date of the local file, but not the file in the RCS
directory.  If you're concerned about changing the date of the local file,
try make:

file: RCS/file,v
        co file

--

 network engineer, vector internet
 E3979560EF3E00B7 36D422A3C0F3741C

1. + RCS + oops, I can't check-in after a rcs -u command

Hi,

I am programming together with someone and to update files we use RCS
to keep track of previous releases. The other person locked a file
which I was about to edit, so I tried to unlock it with the command:
rcs -u filename.
However the file was not group owned, so asked to make it accessible
by changing the mode of the file with : chmod 664 filename.
Then I started editing, I corrected some errors and then I wanted to
check-in this file with the command: ci filename, however this is not
accepted, also not when the other person is doing this.

Any help would be appreciated, moreover a faq or any
information on the net on RCS would be welcomed as well.

Ciao

    Bart

Department of Automatic Control         |      |  Ulrikedalsvagen 2,room T 306
of Lund Institute of Technology         | (o)(o)  S-22458 Lund
tel ++46-46-2228777 (during daytime)    C      _) fax: ++46-46-138118
                                         | ,___|
                                         |   /
_________________________________oOOo___/____\_____oOOo________ Cheer up! ___

2. CERN - Can't find htadm!

3. rcs, check in new version as a branch

4. Invisible partitions

5. Partition check order in fs/partition/check.c?

6. SQL Recommendations

7. LILO v19 stops at Partiton check: hda: then nothing

8. Getting Linux working with Cheapo Motherboard?

9. Problem: RCS and binary files - can't check in

10. Is there binary check-in in RCS?

11. Double Checking Sun's Reality Check

12. More page outs than page ins?

13. I need help with DIP (I have checked the faqs, nothing helped)