What is this?

Post by Kim Gunzun » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

 Hi,
    I am a beginner in unix. I don't know what it is, like imake, tcl,
tk, bison, fvwm, sendmail, Xpm, xv, moxftp, CERNhttpd, etc.
    And where can I find it? If I can't find it, my boss will kill me.
    I am a Korean Student, so my english is not good. I'm sorry.

Please, please, answer my question.

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. Yellow Dog Linux

3. Saving an arbitrary graphics file as postscript

5. Multiple subnet and WINS server

6. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

7. MD5 and DES on the same 3.3 system?

11. I am si**y am I?

12. Am I an idiot..... am I? Disk mount prob....