Can I take files from dos to unix & vice versa?

Can I take files from dos to unix & vice versa?

Post by Jason Kott » Sat, 02 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I'm really new to unix so you'll have to bear with me on this one.  I have
several files on a dos disk (html files, text files, and gifs) that I want
to place in my acct. here at school so that they may be accessed via the
Web.  The only way that I know to get to my acct. is to use a Windows
application to telnet to my acct., which is on a unix system.  Is there
anyway I can do this beyond cutting and pasting from notepad to the unix
editor and vice versa.  I don't even know if that will work, and it
certainly will not work for the gifs.  Any help in this matter would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

1. How to copy files from Dos to Linux, and vice versa??

Hi!

I've just set up Linux on my computer running Win98. My LILO works
well, but I've got one problem. How can I access files in the DOS
patition when I'm running Linux and vice versa??? Please help me!
Thanks in advance!

Nev
Nevin Wong
http://www.hknet.com/~nevinwong/
The Model Making Ring
http://www.hknet.com/~nevinwong/mmr.html

2. Apache: using cookies for authentication

3. copying files from Linux to DOS and vice-versa

4. Adaptec ethernet card ANA-62044

5. DBM to UNIX & Vice Versa

6. _setutent error reported

7. How to map a bad block number to a file & vice versa

8. Information regarding _lwp_* routines

9. Printing from Novell Netware to SCO UNIX 4.2 and vice versa

10. Using Oracle to mirror NIS maps & vice-versa

11. Mounting Solaris disks on Windows 95 & vice versa....

12. NT can see Linux & vice versa

13. how to backup files from solaris 8 to linux rh 6.0 or vice-versa at SOHO.