Help with UNIX running DOS application...

Help with UNIX running DOS application...

Post by CERR » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi....
I currently work at a place that uses NT on PC workstation....which I can't
stand..since I prefer using UNIX......
So I put EXCEED on the PC so I can now enjoy the UNIX environment graphicaly..
I have some DOS applications that are really cool programs such as DSP and
Verilog simulator......They will not run on NT ..since NT coughs up when I try
to see if NT would run them....NT will not allow direct hardware control from
DOS application aparently..........  So the question is if there is a way
around this?????
The only thing I can think of is to get some type of DOS shell for UNIX, if
this exist,  then I can run the DOS applications in UNIX server than view it
via EXCEED into my NT workstation.....does this sound feasable....????
Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated....
Thanks in advance...
CHEERS
CM