What's the best 'bundling' program available?

What's the best 'bundling' program available?

Post by Alexander Petrush » Sun, 12 Sep 1993 07:09:37

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a program that would work
equally well under VMS and UNIX that would bundle files together
without compressing them. I have looked at tar and zip (the one that
resembles Philip Katz's pkzip), and unless I have overlooked something,
I didn't see an option for turning off compression.

All that is necessary is to bundle files into one large file fast but
with an ability for the bundling program to extract stats from the
archive (stats == 'ls -lR' in UNIX or 'dir/size/date' in VMS).

Please reply by email.

Thanks,

Alex.