performance measurements on unix-systems (V.3 680X0)

Post by Chris Parkin Lilley [cs1 » Sat, 03 Mar 1990 19:35:55

>We are trying to make some performance measurements on unix systems, but we had
>stated that the official V.3 environment is infantly primitive in this area -
>the only reasonable (but not the best is 'sar').

>What I'm looking for, are tools allowing you to see:

 [etc. etc. ]

I would also be interested in any pointers to information on tuning
(particularly with reference to V.3/680X0) cos' I'm going to have to do some
real soon.

Anticthanksipation

-Chrisl.

--
                "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

1. Performance Measurement Utilities, System V

I am looking for leads to persons or manuals that would
advance my knowledge of tuning system V for minimum overhead
as well as tuning the disk subsystem for maximum throughput.
I would also be interested in any information that describes
work load analysis, how to use performance tools, and housekeeping
techniques that reduce peak load and estimating capacity.

Thank you.
.
James R. Regan

2. Using more than one location for stdin on a script.

3. SPMI (System Performance Measurement Interface)

4. Network Reload Error

5. TUNEX - UNIX OS Performance Tuning tool, AT&T UNIX System Toolchest

6. RH 7.0 lilo weirdness...

7. LINUX on 680x0 parallel computer system

8. cannot mount new SCSI cd-burner scd0

9. performance measurement tools

10. performance measurement for Pentium CPU

11. Performance Measurement on the WAN

12. Help:Performance measurements

13. Performance measurements for Linux on PowerPC?