How to set a make file to executable? (#! /bin/make)

How to set a make file to executable? (#! /bin/make)

Post by James Dav » Sun, 14 Feb 1993 02:27:47

I have a makefile, that currently I run by using 'make'
sine its named Makefile, no problem.  But I want to rename it to
'foo' and I wnat to just type foo on the command line and
have essantially 'make -f foo'.  Now since make is a command interpreter
I should be able to use some variation of

#!/bin/make

at the begginning of the file. Anyone know how to do it?

Post by Michael Salm » Tue, 16 Feb 1993 18:48:01

|> I have a makefile, that currently I run by using 'make'
|> sine its named Makefile, no problem.  But I want to rename it to
|> 'foo' and I wnat to just type foo on the command line and
|> have essantially 'make -f foo'.  Now since make is a command interpreter
|> I should be able to use some variation of
|>
|> #!/bin/make
|>
|> at the begginning of the file. Anyone know how to do it?

The text or at least the firrst 32 characters after #! plus the file
name become the new command hence your command is

/bin/make foo

Try "#!/bin/make -f" instead.

--

Michael Salmon

#include        <standard.disclaimer>
#include        <witty.saying>
#include        <fancy.pseudo.graphics>

Ericsson Telecom AB
Stockholm

1. Making emacs file executable

I was wondering if there was a specific UNIX command to make an existing emacs
file executable.  I have a small emacs file with a set of commands to run a perl
script and I would liek ot just type the name of the emacs file to run the script
and print the output to an HTML file.  Any help would be appreciated.

Erin A. Schuster

2. Slow direct downloads from T-DSL, fast via Masquerading/LAN

3. making txt files executable?

4. inetd

5. Making an executable file

6. ifup eth1 gives error but successfully ups and works why?

7. Making Shellscript files executable - not readable

8. A Survey

9. Making a file executable

10. Summary:Apache.1.1.1:making executable "index" files

11. setting executable path to both /usr/local/bin/ & /usr/bin/

12. Making DOS executable zip files

13. Making bin/cue files in Linux