Call for Papers: The Hacker's Hymmnal

Post by Wes Morg » Wed, 18 Apr 1990 22:53:30

I would like to compile the Hacker's Hymmnal.  Toward that end, please
send your contribution, whatever form it may take, to me; I will compile,
format, and post the results.  Nothing is too strange to be considered.
Original works, as well as parodies, are welcome.

A secondary request: Someone on the net has this ditty in his .sig.......
     A host is a host from coast to coast
     And noone will talk to a host that's close
     Unless of course the host that's close
     Is busy, hung, or dead!
I'd like to get in touch with the author, so I can get permission to use
this in the Hymmnal and give him proper credit.

Wes

ps> Followups have been directed to rec.humor.d

--
    | Wes Morgan, not speaking for | {any major site}!ukma!ukecc!morgan |

     Lint is the compiler's only means of dampening the programmer's ego.

Call for Papers: The Hacker's Hymmnal

Post by John Sa » Fri, 20 Apr 1990 14:10:53

We're embarking on a project under Ultrix that will use shared memory.
Since we'll probably spaz a few times along the way, possibly leaving
some shared memory segments alive, I'd like to know if there is a
simple way to query for the the shmid/key_t for any shmem segments that
exist.  I'd also be interested in knowing if this question doesn't make
sense.

email, por favor, but I'll try to read this group.

thanks

--
John Sahr,                   | Electrical Engineering - Space Plasma Physics

Post by Spencer PriceNa » Sun, 22 Apr 1990 16:33:39

> A secondary request: Someone on the net has this ditty in his .sig.......
>      A host is a host from coast to coast
>      And noone will talk to a host that's close
>      Unless of course the host that's close
>      Is busy, hung, or dead!
> I'd like to get in touch with the author, so I can get permission to use
> this in the Hymmnal and give him proper credit.

        To the theme of Mr. Ed, of course.  As I recall, it went:

A host is a host and from coast to coast
No one will log on a host that's close
Unless the host (that isn't close)
Is busy, hung or dead.
--

313-663-3276 (voice) |  find / -type MONEY -exec mv {} $home/wallet &

1. Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST '03) Call for Papers

The Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST '03) Program
Committee invites you to contribute your ideas, proposals and papers
for, the invited talks program, refereed papers track, and
Work-in-Progress Reports. We welcome submissions that address any and
all issues relating to File and Storage Systems.

FAST brings together the top storage systems researchers and
practitioners, providing a premier forum for discussing the design,
implementation, and uses of storage systems. It aims to bring together
the best work in file and storage systems in one venue.

Submissions are due September 3, 2002.

The Call for Papers with submission guidelines and suggested topics is
now available at: http://www.usenix.org/events/fast/cfp/

FAST '03
March 31 - April 2, 2003
San Jose, California, USA

The conference will consist of two and a half days of technical
presentations, including refereed papers, invited talks, and an
introductory keynote address. A session of work-in-progress
presentations is planned, and informal Birds-of-a-Feather sessions may
be organized by attendees. Refereed papers will be published in the
Proceedings.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Sincerely,

Jeff Chase, Duke University
FAST 2003 Program Chair

2. how to install NC3121 network adpater of Comaq Deskpro EN 6333/3 in Debian Potato?

3. Call For Papers: USENIX Winter '94 Technical Conference, San Francisco

4. Recomendation for an affordable tape drive(minicart or dat) for linux

5. CALL FOR PAPERS for the O'REILLY OPEN SOURCE CONVENTION 2000

6. Translate modelines from Xconfig to XF86config

7. PC Magazine's linux article

8. Call for Papers - SANE'2004

9. Call for papers New Security Paradigms '96

10. CALL FOR PAPERS for the O'REILLY OPEN SOURCE CONVENTION 2000

11. Call For Papers: USENIX Winter '94 Technical Conference

12. CALL for PAPERS: EUROCRYPT '95