what are these shell parent shell, chile shell, and a subshell.
I am a beginner in Unix. I just started the class for like two weeks and I
am having problem understanding.
Can someone help pleaaaasssse.
Quote:> what are these shell parent shell, chile shell, and a subshell.
> I am a beginner in Unix. I just started the class for like two weeks and I
> am having problem understanding.
> Can someone help pleaaaasssse.
> Thanks ahead
1. How the subshell communicate with parent shell?
In the korn shell, one can "export" some enviroment variable to let its
subshell inherited. But how can subshell
communicate with its parent shell? In another word, how can subshell let
its parent know the value of variable
which defined inside this subshell?
Sharon Xiaoyun Kong
IBM internal number: 532-4489
2. Slooooooooooooooooooow motion app init
3. unblocking a parent shell after it launches a subshell
5. Terminating Parent/Child User Written Korn Shell Functions???
6. Extract paragraph from large file
7. Child shell affecting parent question?
9. Trick to pipe/redirect value from child shell to parent?
10. Passing parameters from child to Parent shell
11. switch bet parent & child shell
12. How to have a shell script terminate the login shell (parent)?
13. $0 format depends on parent shell not the interpreting shell ???