Automatic replies

Post by Ayman M. El-Khash » Mon, 12 Dec 1994 16:39:09

I am having a small problem with an automatic mail reply
script that I wrote.

The script works perfectly. i.e. I can mail my account with
any one of several different Subject: lines and the proper
information is returned.

Briefly, I have the .forward file properly set up.  However, if someone
wants soe information, they would mail my account with the appropriate
subject line,  My account mails them back a respone.  The problem is
that I still see their original request the next time I read my mail.  If
there were 10 requests, this gets quite tedious.  I was curious
if there is a way I can have my script delete the message so It does
not show up next time I read mail.

Automatic replies

Post by DDCA - The one and only .. » Thu, 15 Dec 1994 13:01:43

: I am having a small problem with an automatic mail reply
: script that I wrote.

: The script works perfectly. i.e. I can mail my account with
: any one of several different Subject: lines and the proper
: information is returned.

: Briefly, I have the .forward file properly set up.  However, if someone
: wants soe information, they would mail my account with the appropriate
: subject line,  My account mails them back a respone.  The problem is
: that I still see their original request the next time I read my mail.  If
: there were 10 requests, this gets quite tedious.  I was curious
: if there is a way I can have my script delete the message so It does
: not show up next time I read mail.

use filter or procmail

--
**||**    **||**   **||*| **|*|** ! Chia Meng Hwee David  谢明辉

**    ||  **    || **     **|*|** ! 'The one and only ....'
**||**    **||**   **||*| **   ** !
For the latest SSO update, put SSO UPDATE as the subject and mail to me
and a reply will be sent within FIVE MINUTES

1. Location of automatic reply generator.

to be standard in the Berkeley Unix release (try the man page to see
if you have it.)  Also, here is a message I received  from Tim
Theisen:

bsd sources.
You can find it on ftp.uu.net in the directory bsd-sources/usr.bin/vacation.
It keeps track of addresses and only responds once per week.  The time is
settable.  It does not respond to mail from root, MAILER-DEMON, etc.  It
only repsonds to mail explicitly to you.  It replies with a message that
you have constructed which can have whatever special headers you desire.

Hope this helps, ...Tim

Tim Theisen             Department of Computer Sciences
Systems Programmer      University of Wisconsin-Madison

(608)262-0438           Madison, WI   53706

2. SIS 6326 8mb AGP.

3. automatic reply on incoming mail: HOW???

4. PDF and TXT

5. automatic reply databank...

6. Cirrus Logic 542X ISA XF86Config help

7. Automatic Reply

8. No logging after syslogd restart

9. Automatic Replying...

10. Automatic Reply from Trash (fwd)

11. Automatic Replies

12. How to setup an automatic reply from ELM

13. Automatic Reply from Trash