Getting the size of the mail queue.

Post by Peter F. Couvar » Fri, 26 May 1995 04:00:00

[Posted and emailed -- followups set to comp.unix.questions.]

>We have the need occasionally to count files in very, very
>large directories, such as the incoming news spool on a
>system which hasn't been unbatching for 48 hours or more.
>Doing an ls | wc takes a great deal of time, since the ls
>does stupid things like sorting the entries in the interim.

Not necessarily--use GNU ls:

       -f     Do  not sort directory contents; list them in what-
              ever order they are stored on the disk.   The  same
              as enabling -a and -U and disabling -l, -s, and -t.

-Peter

1. Mail Queue is getting larger

And no e-mail is getting placed in /var/amil .

Using sendmail 8.12.8

What is wrong?
--
Member - Liberal International  On 11 Sept 2001 the WORLD was violated.

Society MUST be saved! Extremists must dissolve.
Quebec - elir les gagnant qui peut deplacer le PQ la plus  vite

2. Which takes more resources?

3. Getting mail to queue through a pop server or ppp link?

4. PPP and Digiboard PC/Xe

5. Getting smail+term to queue mail

6. SSLeay-0.6.6 and RSAREF 2.0

7. Mail for lists getting queued for no reason, solaris 2.4

8. BEFORE Virtual Hosting

9. How do I set a streams queue (pipe queue) size?

10. How to delete mail from mail queue.

11. Mail problem -- can't get mail to queue!

12. net mail OK, local mail permanently queued

13. Queue-R-Mail-HOWTO 1.01 (hold Remote Mail for later delivery)