Source for -man macros?

Post by Ken Nels » Fri, 26 Oct 1990 00:57:56

We would like to get the source for the nroff macro set for man
pages (-man).  Is that available?  Where?

                Thanks,

                        Ken Nelson
                        Entropic Research Laboratory
                        (202) 547-1420

Source for -man macros?

Post by Henry Spenc » Sat, 27 Oct 1990 00:31:41

>We would like to get the source for the nroff macro set for man
>pages (-man).  Is that available?  Where?

The -man macros are part of various Unix distributions and hence are covered
by Unix licensing.  They are not freely redistributable, no way no how.

On the other hand, the awf text formatter that recently appeared in
comp.sources.unix has its own man macros, which are almost legal troff
macros as well.
--
The type syntax for C is essentially   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology

Source for -man macros?

Post by Nino Marget » Sun, 28 Oct 1990 03:53:51

>>We would like to get the source for the nroff macro set for man
>>pages (-man).  Is that available?  Where?

>On the other hand, the awf text formatter that recently appeared in
>comp.sources.unix has its own man macros, which are almost legal troff
>macros as well.

Some kind soul some time ago said that he/she fixed the AWF to work
under MSDOS. Could we see the diffs??
Thanks in advance.

--Nino
--

Uucp: ...!mcvax!ukc!educ-isis!n.margetic              \(+44)(071)387-9300/x5313

1. Macro package for man page?

  I would like to have some documentation for the curses packae someone
ported, but it uses some funny macro package instead of -man. I put it
through both V.4 and Sun troff -man, and both rejected it. Does someone
have a copy of the macros used for this, or better yet a copy of the man
page translated to standard UNIX man format?

  This stuff /looks/ like a man page, but all the macros are unknown to
-man.

--
bill davidsen, GE Corp. R&D Center; Box 8; Schenectady NY 12345
    I admit that when I was in school I wrote COBOL. But I didn't compile.

2. Sneakpeek explanation and summary for comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

3. troff macros for man pages?

4. Any x-win drivers for Mpact2 chip?

5. man macros

6. flash not working - apache 1.3.6

7. Want information on the man macros/How to write manual entries?

8. Cable modem and poor web performances

9. Seeking 4.3BSD "man" macros (I think)

10. : man page macros

11. new BSD man macros

12. troff man macros documentation

13. Where To Get nroff Macros Needed by Motif 2.0 Man Pages?