whither /dev/CDisk??

Post by PAAAAAR%CALSTATE.BIT.. » Wed, 02 May 1990 01:02:00

The logical place for optical disk technology is to use
it in place of Magnetic tapes
(1) for distribution.
  A CD-ROM is smaller, lighter, offline printable,
  stores a vast amount of data,
  and is very hard for the Postal Services to erase or damage.

(2)Write-Once-Read-Mostly Optical technology is an excelent replacement for
  archival magnetic tape - about the speed I believe but better
  volume and much harder to erase or accidently overwrite. I even think
  that someone has a plug compatable Mag Tape replacement

Dick Botting (doc-dick)

Comp Sci, CSUSB, 5500 State Univ Pkwy, San Bernardino, CA 92407