completion of fliename, command name etc

completion of fliename, command name etc

Post by Manzoor ul Hass » Sun, 04 Dec 1994 06:29:05

I know csh has file completion but how about command name completion ?

        -Manzoor.       ^_^
        To every life a little rain must fall. Some of that rain will
even bring rainbow, while the rest . . . well let's not talk about that.

1. ksh93 - command/file/etc completion?

Hi,

Does anyone know something about how the new completion mechanism
works in ksh93?  I'm looking for something along the lines of
zsh's completion mechanism, e.g. you can define an array
"printers" and tell the command "lpr" to complete from the
"printers" array if the completion char is typed when the cursor
is after "-P".  This sort of thing.  I'd like to stick with zsh,
but I run into problems whenever I go work somewhere else and
they don't have it.

                                        JT

2. Unix / Network System Administrator

3. filename completion via tab, command history via cursor keys etc.

4. Newbie Kernel Question

5. editor which does name completion of c/c++ names

6. stty or ioctl help, please

7. Looking for sample /etc/named.conf and etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts

8. 2.4 + NIS + shadow passwd

9. ksh: 2 Q's, command completion & command history?

10. Command completion for Korn Shell command line

11. Command line or application name in xterm/gnome term/etc titlebar?

12. Extracting command names from core files via /etc/magic

13. syslog, named, etc., etc....